Common Signs of Wiring Problems in a Property

Circuit breakers are essential electrical safety devices. They act by severing the circuit connection if there is an overload of electricity or other problems. However, if your circuit breaker is tripping much too frequently, faulty wiring may be the problem. This is especially relevant for older properties that have not had new wiring done for the last twenty years. You should not take any chances and schedule an inspection with a licensed local electrician. These problems are not something that can be typically solved by DIY. 

Common Signs of Faulty Wiring

It is good to be aware of these signs of faulty wiring. If you suspect that there is a serious problem with your electrical wiring, you should turn off the power at the circuit breaker box and call for an experienced professional to look into the matter. 

An excess use of extension cords

If you are using extension cords at your property, do not make them permanent fixtures. Use them for short durations because they cause an overload of power at the outlet, often leading to electrical hazards. It is always advisable to have more outlets installed at your property instead of using the extension cord over a single outlet. 

Shocks and Sparks

If you are noticing sparks at the electrical outlet or switch when you turn off or on a fixture, call an electrician urgently. If this is the case, it is better to avoid using the switch until the issue is resolved. Call the professionals to check the matter. The same protocol should be followed if you are getting shocks from using the outlet. Don’t use it and inform others not to use it as well. 

Heating problem in outlets and switch plates

Similarly, if the outlets and switch plates feel hot to touch, switch them off and wait for the electrician to look into it. Do not push its usage as it can lead to an electrical fire when you are least expecting it. 

Strange smells coming from outlets

If you notice a strange smell in the room, avoid passing it off as something normal. Remember, unless you are aware, it may be difficult to identify that the smell is coming from your electrical outlet. If it smells like burnt rubber or burnt metal in the room, you should consult a licensed technician immediately. 

Dimming and Flickering Lights

If the light fixtures exhibit frequent dimming and flickering, it can be due to faulty wiring. In fact, it is one of the most common signs of an electrical problem. 

Calling an Experienced Electrical Service

If you are facing one or more of these symptoms, you should not delay scheduling an electrical inspection at your property. Voltage electrical is a well-known service in Perth for the exceptional assistance it provides. Call us now and have your electrical issues sorted.